[wplug] On the subject of wardriving...

Drew from Zhrodague drew at zhrodague.net
Mon Mar 28 16:27:44 EST 2005

> Additionally, if you _do_ get permission, and then the ISP claims it's
> against their TOS, you could be screwed.  If you have the permission in
> writing, it would be easier for your lawyer to protect you and put all
> the blame on the person you made the contract with (I'm not a lawyer,
> so no guarantees on that) ... but at least they couldn't accuse you of
> an actual computer crime ... it would just be a violation of their TOS,
> which (to my knowledge) isn't a crime, just grounds for service
> termination.

	I think Steel City Telecom is the only ISP here in Pittsburgh that
has authorized their clients to share bandwdith wirelessly. Comcast, The
Antichrist (Verizon), and other have entries in their TOS that says
bandwidth sharing wirelessly with friends and neighbors is not allowed.

--

Drew from Zhrodague		http://www.WiFiMaps.com
drew at zhrodague.net		Location Based WiFi