[wplug] Quote of the day

Beth Lynn bethlynn at wplug.org
Mon Mar 28 15:41:48 EST 2005

Hello,

Gather around dear children while I tell you of the history of Reg-Ex
talks sponsored by wplug. My memory is a bit fuzzy but this is what I
recall.

Sometime in 2001 David Ostroske did a regular expressions talk. There were
no slides. It was so long ago that I could not find a meeting announcement.

A year later, Tom Fetherston offered to do a regular expressions talk
http://www.wplug.org/pipermail/wplug-announce/2002-February/000037.html
but he came down with a bad cold and he could not do the talk.
Unfortunately we never got around to rescheduling and Tom Fetherston moved
to Ohio. Whenever Tom Fetherston is in town he stops by wplug to say
hello.

There have been impromptu break-out discussions and lighting talks on
regular expressions but for the life of me I can't recall who or when.

The bottom line is it's been about 4 years since there was a
wplug-sponsored formal Regular Expressions talk. It is high time we have
another!

Fear not, relief is in sight. James O'Kane has volunteered give a Regular
Expressions talk on June 11, 2005.
http://www.wplug.org/meetings/one-meeting?wp_meeting_id=3181

Just in case anyone was wondering, repeats are welcome. Unless a topic is
incredibly interesting or has a significantly different spin, we usually
wait 6-12 months before repeating a topic again.

Thanks,
Beth Lynn Eicher