[wplug] On the subject of wardriving...

Michael P. O Connor mpop at mikeoconnor.net
Mon Mar 28 11:56:19 EST 2005

> At 02:36 AM 3/28/2005, you wrote:

> > > He sure is.
> > >
> > > -Rick Farina
> >
> >Cool. Maybe you could give us a few tips on wireless security. Or do
> >you have a website?
> >
> >Zach
>
> I suppose I could do a presentation if there were enough interest.....
>
> -Rick Farina

For wireless security in regardss to wardrivers ONLY!!!, remember one
nice rule, with wardrivers, you just have to be just a little bit more
secure then the wireless network next to you.  but don't 100% rely on
it, I peronsonaly do 128bit encription, non-broadcasting ssid, and mac
address filtering.  Yes I know all of them easy to over come, but with 5
open networks in the apartment complex I live in, a wardriver wanting
free bandwidth is going to go for the open network.  Plus I done a bit
of looking around, my signal does not make it to the road.
but remember all of this is pointless, if some one wants into YOUR
network, they will come after your network, and they will have the tools
to do it.
--
Michael P. O'Connor
mpop at mikeoconnor.net