[wplug] Breakin attempts against the nobody account

John Harrold jmh17 at pitt.edu
Mon Mar 28 11:25:27 EST 2005

Sometime in March Chris Ott assaulted the keyboard and produced:

| Bill Moran wrote:
| >Does anyone know a lawyer with experience in this kind of thing?  The
| >foriegn-originated attacks are just something we all have to deal with,
| >but the ones from (for example) Comcast and Verizon have legal
| >ramifications!
|
| I wouldn't be too sure about that. I'd be surprised if most of those
| machines weren't just zombies.

Zombies or not, they are operating on an ISP's network and Bill has filed
complainants about them. As a common carrier they are not responsible till
complainants have been filed. At this point they should respond. At least
that is how I understand it. Perhaps they better to lawyers than they do to
friendly requests.

                            | /"\
 john harrold               | \ / ASCII ribbon campaign
 jmh at member.fsf.org      |  X  against HTML mail
 the most useful idiot      | / \
 What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans,
 and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is brought
 under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of
 liberty and democracy?
 --Gandhi
  gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-key B23241CB