[wplug] On the subject of wardriving...

Zachary Uram netrek at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 22:30:00 EST 2005

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 18:14:38 -0500 (EST), Brandon Kuczenski
<brandon at 301south.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Mar 2005, Vance Kochenderfer wrote:
>
> > Article in Sunday's Post-Gazette:
> > <http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05086/477876.stm>
> >

> Wow, what a reactionary, presumptuous article.  At its most charitable,
> wardrivers are "dumpster divers."  No mention of even the suggestion that
> some people might make their networks freely available by choice.

I noticed article cited Rick Farina. Isn't he a WPLUG member?

"Godwin said it's not illegal to utilize another person's wireless connection,"

 Is this true? If so why isn't illegal to utilize another person's
cable or DSL or satellite network connection?

"Farina could easily access all of their e-mail traffic, user names,
passwords and critical company information within minutes. When he
informed the firm, the IT manager said he wasn't concerned."

LOL!

Zach