[wplug] MythTV

Drew from Zhrodague drew at zhrodague.net
Thu Mar 24 09:04:08 EST 2005

> A person I work with and myself were thinking about setting up some
> MythTV boxes.
>
> I was wondering if anyone could give me some good recommendations on
> hardware for them.

	PVR-250 -- just like the website says. It's important to have a
hardware MPEG tuner, rather than the run-o-the-mill ATI tuners (without
hardware MPEG support).

	Be warned, tho, I think ALL tuner cards say "MPEG" on the box, but
it's software MPEG, and only for Windows.

	Asside from that, there's a new KnoppMyth version available at
http://www.mysettopbox.tv, which is what I use at home.

	MythTV is awesome, and I can't say enough good things about it!

--

Drew from Zhrodague		http://www.WiFiMaps.com
drew at zhrodague.net		Location Based WiFi