[wplug] MythTV

Vanco, Don don.vanco at agilysys.com
Thu Mar 24 08:13:12 EST 2005

<snipage>

>For high def TV:
>
>Fastest processor you can get (it takes serious horsepower for HDTV)
>512 Megs of RAM (commercial flagging takes more ram)
>even more hard disk space
>PCHdtv card (see http://www.pchdtv.com/)
>TV Out video card with HDTV (Nvidia 5200's do this too)
>

>You'll want to order your PCHdtv card before July 1 when they become
>illegal to sell (yay for the broadcast flag).

	I had thought that I'd seen a recent update to the Broadcastflag
issue - thought it was being challenged... but the EFF site doesn't show
anything...
http://www.eff.org/broadcastflag/

	I have a PCHDTV card and they are very nice.  I also have a
Free-to-air Satellite card, but haven't found a way (or time) to see if
I can get it to work under Linux.

	I'd not seen anything on the X-Box front end - any links of note
on the subject? (the how-to talks about combing the users mailing list,
and sadly I do not have the bandwidth for that in the foreseeable
future)

Don