[wplug] VPN stuff

Michael P. O Connor mpop at mikeoconnor.net
Wed Mar 23 12:24:37 EST 2005

> On Wednesday 23 March 2005 18:34, Michael P. O Connor wrote:

> Read Schneier's PPTP FAQ [0] for why you shouldn't use Microsoft's PPTP
> implementation.
One thing to that FAQ, first it is 7 years old, how has things changed
since then??  Has MS fix the problem or not?  Also what is wrong with
PPTP according to the document, it reads like slashdot, aka MS bad
non-MS good, it does not really go into detail about what is wrong, it
says passwords are baised on weak hashes, and that it is weak
encryption, I would like more current and more detail infomation.
Infact I found the following http://www.schneier.com/pptp.html that has
said that in the new version that many of the security issues have been
addressed, and there are still some (this artical deals with MS-CHAPv2,
the artical you sent deals with MS-CHAPv1)  So what are the issues with
MS-CHAPv2??  I need current correct info before I can continue.

--
Michael P. O'Connor
mpop at mikeoconnor.net
http://www.mikeoconnor.net