[wplug] Ever heard of UNIM?

smk smk at fyi.net
Wed Mar 23 12:06:10 EST 2005

Greetings,

First off I have not used their service and cannot comment on it.  But I
do see a few red flags that you might want to look into.

Doing a whois on unimllc.com shows the registrants email address to be
@excite.com, a free email service.
Also a traceroute points to
"client69-44-16-85.hardhathosting.com".  Another hosting provider that
offers reseller accounts.  I cannot say for sure that unimllc.com is
actually a reseller or not but the signs are there.
The DNS servers point to "hiteknet.com".  A totally different company with
different contact information.
Finally, the web site looks screwy on my firefox and the "partner" page is
incomplete ;-)

But OTOH, it does seem that they went through the trouble registering
a LLC for the business and list a toll free telephone number.  I would
defiently call them and see what they have to say about the service.

Just my 2 cents.