[wplug] The Ultimate Desktop I

James O'Kane jo2y at midnightlinux.com
Mon Mar 21 13:35:35 EST 2005

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005, Jonathan Billings wrote:
> Gnome likes to store a socket file in
> ~/.gconf/%gconf-xml-backend.lock/ior that might cause you problems.

Just venting as this isn't directly related to the original question(s).

That file causes grief when mixed with AFS. It's fine the majority of the
time, but I suspect when the same user logs into two different machines at
the same time AFS gets confused. That file becomes un-unlink-able, and the
volume needs to be salvaged.

But, thinking more about it, I thought in general AFS didn't allowed
sockets to be created.

-james