[wplug] [wplug-announce] GUM Kernels March 19 10am-2pm CMU NSH 1507

Beth Lynn bethlynn at wplug.org
Thu Mar 17 17:15:19 EST 2005

Hello,

Western PA Linux Users Group will be hosting a General Users Meeting
(GUM) featuring Kernels. It will be held on this Saturday
February 19, 2005 from 10am to 2 pm  at Carnegie Mellon University,
Newell Simon Hall 1507. This meeting is free and open to the general
public.

Please visit our new Maps and Directions page
http://www.wplug.org/pages/wplugmap/
Please note that our phone number is currently 412 268 7564
If you've never been here before make sure you print out the
directions!

GUM TOPIC: "Kernels"
Speakers: Bill Moran Host: Beth Lynn Eicher
CoHost: Jonathan Billings

Abstract:
Bill Moran writes...
"I've always aspired to be a kernel hacker. In my studies, I've learned some
things that are useful to the average person, or interesting without being too
technical. I'll try to share what I've learned in a way that isn't too deeply
technical."

Note: This talk is not specific to the Linux kernel or any kernel in
particular. It will be a general "monolithic kernel" talk.

Schedule:
* Doors will open at 10am to NSH 1507
* Coffee and Donut Hour 10am-11am
* "Kernels" talk 11am-Noon
* Geeks Eating Pizza Noon-ish - 1pm
* General Socialization 1pm-1:30pm in NSH 1507
* Event tear down 1:30pm-2pm

**************** Please take notice ***********************************
There are other events taking place on CMU campus on March 19, 2005.
Some of these events are private (by invitation only). The invitation to
this WPLUG meeting in no way implies that you are also invited to any other
event on CMU campus. In fact, none of these events have anything to do with
WPLUG. Please respect that security will be a little tighter this day due
to issues beyond our control.

Please cooperate by doing the following...
1. Please do not wander away from the meeting room, Newell Simon Hall
1507. Of course you can use the restrooms, but there is no need for you
to explore the building. Please be advised if you are somewhere where you are
not supposed to be you may be asked to leave campus.
2. If you enter the building from the 1st or 3rd lobbies, please call us
and wait for someone with WPLUG to escort you to the meeting room. Do not
leave the lobby unescorted.
3. The meeting will end strictly at 2pm. All of us need to be out by 2pm,
that includes the tear-down crew.
4. No one will be admitted after 2pm because we will be gone by then.
5. When leaving the building, do so by walking towards the exit without making
any stops along the way. It is imperative that no one disturbs these other
events.
6. Do not show up earlier than 10am unless you have committed to be a
member of the setup crew.

There will not be an official organizational meeting this GUM. Unfortunately
there will not be enough time on March 19th since event tear down will begin at
1:30.