[wplug] Be afraid ... interesting research on botnets

Drew from Zhrodague drew at zhrodague.net
Thu Mar 17 12:56:54 EST 2005

> Sorry to respond to myself, but it just occurred to me: what if we give
> the fines to the people who tracked the violators down and collected the
> evidence against them? You might be able to make a living running a few
> honeypots and I'll bet you'd clean up the 'Net *real* fast.

	Hell, if that were the case, I'd quit my job -- I mean I would have a
job!

	Seriously. Do a google search, some states allow fines for damages and
other stuff. I read an article about a sysadmin who made money that way,
but only because the states allow it, AFIAK.

--

Drew from Zhrodague
drew at zhrodague.net
http://www.WiFiMaps.com