[wplug] c compiler for knoppix

Lee Brinton lee at leebrinton.net
Tue Mar 8 23:23:24 EST 2005

It can often be called by its traditional unix name /usr/bin/cc.  cc of
course stands for C Compiler.  On linux cc is usually a symbolic link
to /usr/bin/gcc or a version specific gcc executable (ie gcc-3.3).  In
the beginning  gcc stood for Gnu C Compiler, but now I think it stands
for Gnu Compiler Collection.

Lee