[wplug] ssh dropping connections

Richard Farina r.farina at adelphia.net
Mon Mar 7 23:21:45 EST 2005

At 10:45 PM 3/7/2005, Mike Procario wrote:

>I have sshd running on my linux box and I frequently connect from
>my laptop which runs cygwin on Windows XP. I am seeing a lot of
>connections closed by the server. I am connected over wireless and
>it can be flaky at times. Would you expect ssh to disconnect if
>the wireless connection had a brief outage?

 From my own personal experience, sadly, that is the case.  A brief outage
of the wireless causes ssh to disconnect.  Although I never (read NEVER)
have that issue, I have seen lots of problems with such issues at a
clients.  There is interference generated at the shop that outs the
wireless long enough to cause terminal emulators to disconnect.  I'm not
saying that it is acceptable for this to happen, just saying that I've seen it.

-Rick Farina