[wplug] Motherboard mutilation

Vance Kochenderfer vance at happylemur.com
Sun Mar 6 19:00:39 EST 2005

"Michael A. Smith" <michael at smith-li.com> wrote:
> Now, I've got nvidia-glx running, but I'm only able to get about 200FPS
> with glxgears (at its default size). For the time being I'm satisfied
> that I didn't completely break my computer, but I did hear that 8x PCI-E
> is supposed to outperform AGP, so "where's the beef"?

I have no experience, but have read that the first set of PCI-E
video cards coming out are essentially AGP cards which include an
AGP-to-PCI-E bridge chip.  So the performance should not be much
different than existing AGP cards.  Supposedly the next wave of
cards to come out will be native PCI-E.

vance at happylemur.com      |   good belt of Scotch"    -Nick Danger