[wplug] Reinstalling windows on a dual boot

Dileep Vangasseri dil5516 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 5 18:51:27 EST 2005

Hello,

Thanks for all the help for getting this issue solved.
Finally I could make the things work. I am still not
sure what the problem was but I thought of writing it
here so that someone else may be able to give a
thought about it and so would be useful to others.

I had changed my windows partitions while reinstalling
windows....Now hda1 is the C (NTFS) and hda2 is the D
(VFAT) (Previously it was theo other way round). But
my /etc/fstab was with hda1 as VFAT and hda2 as NTFS.
May be that was the problem..I am not at all sure.
Anyway, I changed that....booted from the rescue CD,
did a chroot /mnt/sysimage....did a
file /grub/stage1 and then did a grub-install
/dev/hda. It worked without any problems. I had to
change the grub.conf  so that  (rootnoverify (hd0, 0))
 so that windows know from where to boot from.

Thanks a lot for the help.

Regards,
Dileep