[wplug] need help installing knoppix

Ed Stewart edstewart1 at verizon.net
Sat Mar 5 18:25:55 EST 2005

Steve Bierly wrote:

>I am having trouble installing knoppix because I am
>using an old pc that does not have enough space to
>have XP (which is currently on it) and Knoppix so I
>want to delete XP. Is this possible and if so please
>help me. Any help will be appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>Steve

Hi Steve, be glad to help anyone get rid of XP, just insert a windows 98
startup floppy in the drive and then startup the computer, at the A:\
prompt type fdisk and delete the partition on the hard drive, then
create a new partition using the whole drive, when done reboot the
computer and at the A:\ prompt type format C:\ when that is done reboot
with the knoppix cd in the drive and go from there. I take it the
computer boot from the cd rom drive already, if not go into bios and
make the cdrom the second boot device after the floppy and hd0 the third
and you should be ok. A quick look on google will give you the info on
using fdisk and also the format command, use a win98 startup disk, that
the drive will be formattted fat 32.
Ed