[wplug] Xemacs questions

Brandon Kuczenski brandon at 301south.net
Wed Mar 2 14:30:25 EST 2005

I'm using Xemacs on a work computer that does not have real emacs
installed.  I cannot figure out how to do two things, and was hoping
someone could help:

  - work with natively CRLF-terminated files using their native termination
(i.e. suppress display of ^M at the end of a line, insert the native line
termination at end-of-lines if the file's lines are so terminated)  It
seems like there should be a minor mode for 'dos terminated lines' but I
have not been able to find one.

  - Restore windows to their previous configuration after an apropos
command.  Currently, running apropos kills all my windows and opens a
single window with the apropos result.  Exiting out of that buffer leaves
me with just one window, where before running apropos I had multiple
windows open simutaneously.

Regarding the first, I am using a proprietary assembler that expects
dos-terminated lines, so Xemacs, this powerful and ginormous piece of
software, is rendered utterly useless unless i can find a fix.  The
second is just an [extreme] annoyance.

I'm sure there is just a matter of a few simple commands, but I have not
been able to find them.

Thanks in advance,
Brandon