[wplug] hosts on sunOS 5.8

Drew from Zhrodague drew at zhrodague.net
Thu Jun 30 11:40:59 EDT 2005

> Exactaly. The system has been in service so long, we don't even know who the
> admin is, if there still is someone that knows the password. The machine is
> pretty critical, so I'm afraid to poke around too much.
> The chroot option was my favorite, but it appears you need to be su to use
> it..
> chroot /home/blah command
> chroot: not super-user
> :(

 	Might also be good to setup a replacement machine, and retire your
venerable Sun. In this way, you can have a current admin, current
software, and be better able to make changes in the future.

 	If you want to run it on Sun hardware, Goodwill in the South Side
has always been a good repository for that kinda stuff. Personally, I have
just chucked metric tons of the stuff over the years -- it's too big,
slow, and loud for modern computing.

 	What is it that this machine does for your network?