[wplug] Re: ISP's, was external modem recommendation

Michael H. Semcheski lists at immuneit.com
Wed Jun 29 20:01:32 EDT 2005

On Wednesday 29 June 2005 05:39 pm, Zachary Uram wrote:
> I have noticed several local and national dialup ISPs that set an
> automatic disconnect for dialup users which goes into effect after 4
> hours online. :-(

Well thats not much of an ISP is it?

There is choice to be had if you are willing to look past the big names for
ISP's.
I can't speak about dial-up specifically, but when you're dealing with the
Verizon's of the world...

My choice is nidhog.com.  Static IP address, SDSL.
I've used Steelcity Telecom and was pretty satisfied with their service.
And Speakeasy was good too.

I just have to laugh when people tell me these horror stories about Verizon
customer service.  I would really love to get out from them (for voice) if
there were a better choice (if you know of one, I'm listening).

Mike