[wplug] choosing a wireless AP via nice GUI control?

Rick Reynolds rick at rickandviv.net
Fri Jun 24 11:19:37 EDT 2005

I'm running Debian (Sarge still, going to jump to Etch this weekend) on
a laptop.  I've got the wireless working great.  I run wireless in my
house with a WEP key in place, but most of my friends' wireless networks
are wide open.  So when I go to their houses, I end up having to drop to
a command line so I can enter a "iwconfig eth1 enc off" command, then
rerun "dhclient eth1" to get an IP address, etc., sometimes running an
"ifdown / ifup" cycle.

Is there a nice GUI tool that will just show me the wireless networks
that are available and let me pick one (prompting for passkey if
necessary), ala Win XP?  I feel like I'm working in the dark ages on my
high-tech Latitude D800.

Thanks,
Rick Reynolds
--
 Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought -- Henry Bergson