[wplug] Nice comparative article

Cameron McBride cameron.mcbride at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 11:18:52 EDT 2005

> Cool. I found the Microsoft Visual Studio add on that same page
> though. Weird that a Linux advocacy/discussion site has Microsoft ads.
> Bit of a conflict of interest no?

I don't really understand that viewpoint.  Linux does not mean
anti-microsoft.  Linux (as in GNU linux) is just another OS based on
community effort.  It can't really be a conflict of interest to run
"competing" ads, since it's not about a business model.  Since MS does
have money, let them pay for advertising.  Choices are always
better...  Quite honestly, it's what makes it refreshing to me.  You
won't see a pro MS site running ads for linux, commerical control and
all.  (I'd actually be interested if anyone could show a link
otherwise).

heh.  I forgot which, either Linux Journal or Linux mag had some
subscribers really pissed a while back when they were running MS
windows ads.

Cameron