[wplug] Help with Apache and SSL

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Fri Jun 17 17:17:05 EDT 2005

"Ken Rambler" <ken at ramblernet.com> wrote:

> I'm adding static (public) IP addresses for ssl IP based connections.
> When I add the virtual listing to the ssl config file, leaving the
> non-ssl virtual entry in httpd.conf, I can only access using https. What
> I'm wanting is the ability to connect either http or https. I must be
> missing something in the config files. Any suggestions?

You probably need to add two VirtualHost entries ... one for the HTTPS,
and another for the HTTP.

There may be a fancier, MACRO-type thingie you can use, but I never do.
Usually there are slight differences between what I want to allow access
to over HTTPS and what I want to make accessable via HTTP, and that
requires two configs.  For example, my SquirrelMail is only available
via HTTPS, so the ssl.conf has an alias that the http.conf doesn't.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies