[wplug] TimeSys article

Rick Reynolds rick at rickandviv.net
Thu Jun 16 15:24:42 EDT 2005

Chris Ott wrote:

> Vance Kochenderfer wrote:
>
>> Interesting article in today's Post-Gazette:
>> <http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05167/522178.stm>
>

> Interesting. A guy that just left my company says he knows several of
> the higher-ups at Timesys. I had sent them a resume and was expressing
> my annoyance that they hadn't responded. My former co-worker told me
> it would be best not to pursue it, because they were "a company in
> trouble."
>
> Can't say whether it's true or not... just another data point.

I can confirm at least a part of this.  I was out of work in fall of
2003 and was pretty steadily trying to get into Timesys.  I had an
initial interview that felt like it went well.  I followed up with a
phone call and I got an answer along the lines of "we have an opening,
but are waiting for budget to be approved."  So I called each week for a
couple of months.  Eventually I quit bothering them.

They take a *very long time* to make a hiring decision.

After the fact, I heard a similar rumor about them having troubles.
That was probably spring to mid 2004.  Hopefully this is a sign that
they're through a rough patch.

But the bright side of things is that their HR person gave my name and
resume to the company I'm working for now (Panasas) when they were
looking for someone.  As our HR person described it, they had the
attitude of "we liked him, but couldn't pick him up.  Maybe you can..."

Thanks,
Rick Reynolds
--
 I say to all you criminals out there:  Knock off all that evil! -- The
Tick