[wplug] Fedora Core Network Bug

Poyner, Brandon bpoyner at ccac.edu
Tue Jun 7 13:38:36 EDT 2005

What type of network card is it?  Some kernel ethernet modules will let
you set the duplex and other options when the module is loaded.  You
make the change in modprobe.conf and then you have to rebuild your
initrd with mkinitrd.  This is an example of what you can do with the
eepro100 module.

# grep eepro /etc/modprobe.conf
alias eth0 eepro100
alias eth1 eepro100
options eepro100 full_duplex=1,1
# modinfo eepro100
parm:           debug:debug level (0-6)
parm:           options:Bits 0-3: transceiver type, bit 4: full duplex,
bit 5: 100Mbps
parm:           full_duplex:full duplex setting(s) (1)
parm:           congenb:Enable congestion control (1)

Brandon Poyner
Network Engineer III
CCAC - College Office
412-237-3086