[wplug] Open Source Programming

eli eli.heady at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 10:53:11 EDT 2005

>>There is a segment on WDUQ 90.5 called "Open Source Programming and Why
>>it Pays to Give it Away." It starts at 7 a.m. Tomorrow (Sunday) so if
>>you are up and going to work or already at work, it may be worth a
>>listen.
>>

>Interesting info, will try and give a listen.  I wonder what reasons
>will be given...

I listened to the program (NPR's On The Media) this morning. It was
actually about Open Source (media) Programming, featuring two short
segements. One on BBC's new 'Backstage BBC' (
http://backstage.bbc.co.uk/ ) project, which lets about anyone use BBC
news content in their own projects, and another on AM radio staion KYOU
( http://www.kyouradio.com/ ) in California that welcomes content
submissions from anyone and releases their broadcast material under a
Creative Commons license. No significant mention of F/OSS that I heard,
but the guy from KYOU had some interesting things to say about their
motivations to release under CC.

The program can be downloaded from http://www.onthemedia.org/
it's the last part, about the last 15 minutes if you listen to the whole
show.

-Eli