[wplug] KMail ate my mail!

k.abel at voidship.net k.abel at voidship.net
Sat Jun 4 17:27:43 EDT 2005

During a reinstallation of my OS, I went to transfer the KMail maildir (~/Mail).
I archived it and threw it onto an external HDD, then reinstalled, everything
going smoothly. When I went to transfer the Mail directory back into my home
directory, nothing came through.  I managed to change the /.kde/share/config
(ure)/kmailrc entry 'folders="~/Mail"' which transferred all my folders into
KMail.  All the folders, however, are empty.  This is no good.  Is there a trick
to convering all the .blahfolder.index or .blahfolder.ids files to actual mails
or is my horrible suspicion correct that the actual data is stored elsewhere that
I didn't get?

Any help would be appreciated, even if it's "Dude, you're up the fscking creek
sans paddle."

Yours,
Karl