[wplug] OT - request for comment on an idea

Hosey, Chester Chester.Hosey at gianteagle.com
Fri Jun 3 15:26:59 EDT 2005

[mailto:wplug-bounces+chester.hosey=gianteagle.com at wplug.org] On >
Behalf Of Christopher DeMarco
> Sent: Friday, June 03, 2005 3:15 PM
> To: General user list
> Subject: Re: [wplug] OT - request for comment on an idea

> Can you give some different examples of low-TTL-drawbacks?

Nothing major -- just wanting to avoid a false sense of
agility along with the irrational feeling that the slight
increase in bandwidth will be relevant in these days of
spam and torrents.

If I know that I can't rely on something to work with me,
I like to keep around reminders that I can't trust it.
Given the assumption that I can't trust TTL to do my
bidding, I see no reason to reduce it to a significant
degree.

Of course I invite better-justified comment by those with
stronger justification on either side of the issue.

Chet