[wplug] let's get technical and see if anyone is as smart as they think they are

Chester R. Hosey Chester.Hosey at gianteagle.com
Fri Jun 3 09:53:30 EDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-02 at 17:44 -0700, Rob Prowel wrote:

> I've used mplayer on normal filesystems for a couple of years.  only
> seeing the weird behavior under the CFS.  seems like mplayer is
> attempting a failed (stat) call before actually opening the AVI file,
> but I cannot verify this because strace doesn't fail.
>
> the same AVI, when copied to a non-cfs filesystem works correctly.

Maybe try ltrace instead?

And in response to your other recent post, 64-bit syscalls can occur on
a 32-bit system. This is because libc6 offers versions of many system
calls which are compatible with large file system support. If you strace
ls, for example, you'll see some fstat64 calls, at least on my Debian
testing machine. I do not know whether it's likely that strace would
call different system calls to be chosen for some reason, though.

Chet