[wplug] A question of etiquette

Chester R. Hosey Chester.Hosey at gianteagle.com
Thu Jun 2 14:53:26 EDT 2005

Both-posting again, for universal irritation.

I have friends that swear by joe. It's more featureful than PICO, with
an easier-to-learn interface than vi/emacs.

Its feature set is small enough that it can present an easily navigable
help pane, at least once you read the like telling you that '^k'
followed by 'h' opens the help window, and Esc-, and Esc-. navigate the
help screen.

Don't let the EMACS-looking key combinations fool you -- it's only a tad
harder to learn than PICO, and having way more features makes the modest
learning curve worth it.

I've graduated to vi because it's more powerful and is installed on
everything under the sun, but I know some darned competent people still
using joe.

Chet Hosey