[wplug] A question of etiquette

Jonathan Billings jsbillings at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 07:58:13 EDT 2005

On 6/2/05, Edward Walter <ewalter at walterama.com> wrote:
> Bottom posting requires duplication of effort on my part so I really
> don't like it when other people bottom post.

I'm curious, what do you mean by "duplication of effort"?  I can
understand that some client tend to lean toward top-posting by putting
the cursor before the text of the reply (as does this gmail web
client) but not all cliends are like that.

Anyway, I find that since I usually cull out parts of the reply text
anyway, it's not that difficult.  In this day and age when everyone
has a huge legal disclaimer in the signature, you *HAVE* to clean up
the reply text or else seem rude.  So, at that point, you're probably
going to have to take an equal amount of effort to move to the top of
the text as it takes to move to the bottom.

--
  Jonathan Billings
jsbillings at gmail.com