[wplug] Database front ends

Cameron McBride cameron.mcbride at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 09:19:54 EDT 2005

> I've heard good things about Ruby as well.

ruby is awesome!
</shameless plug>

> My problem is that I have an unshakable romance with C/C++ structured
> languages.  I get uncomfortable with languages that don't use semicolons
> and {} to define structure.  Not really explicable ...

actually, in ruby there is frequent use of {} (called blocks) - just
not in exactly the same way (it doesn't create the scoping rules you
can impose just about where ever you want like in C).

btw, one of the beauties of ruby is it's C api.  writing extensions or
glue code is both easy and clean.  very, very nice...

ok, I'll stop now.  ;)

Cameron