[wplug] OT -- Dvorak keyboard

Rick Reynolds rick at rickandviv.net
Mon Jul 25 15:27:57 EDT 2005

Patrick Wagstrom wrote:

>As for getting support for it in Linux, I just the keyboard layout
>applet in GNOME (right click on panel->add to panel->keyboard
>indicator).  A little "USA" should appear on your panel.  Right click on
>it->keyboard preferences->layouts->add->Dvorak.  Then just click on the
>USA/Dvo to toggle the active window between standard and Dvorak layouts.

Hmm...  I'm using gnome 2.8, and I don't get a simple Dvorak option.  I
see three Dvoraks: dvorak(no), dvorak(se), dvorak(sv).  All three show
international kinds of characters on them.  I can't seem to choose just
a straight, English style Dvorak keyboard.  Can anyone point me to a
package or something I still need?

I'm running Debian testing, BTW.

Thanks,
Rick Reynolds
--
 Never work for a sawmill that's so behind that they don't have time to
sharpen the blades. -- Will Hayes, Software Engineering Institute