[wplug] Database front ends

David Ostroske eksortso at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 01:30:24 EDT 2005

On 7/23/05, Vance Kochenderfer <vkochend at nyx.net> wrote:
> "Released in 1996, Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 cemented the product as
>  the first choice of buggy front-ends to databases everywhere. In fact,
>  if you wanted a buggy front-end to your corporate database, there was
>  no better choice."
>                                                     -- Andrew Orlowski,
>     in <http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/07/22/microsoft_spyware_vb6/>

Heh heh, oh come now. I've used MS Access and JET. They're plenty
worse! And I know corporations that do more than they should with the
stuff.

Seriously, though, what do you all use for robust non-web front-end
interfaces to databases (corporate or otherwise)?

--
David Ostroske <eksortso at gmail.com>