[wplug] USB files

Logan lws118 at psu.edu
Sun Jul 17 12:27:18 EDT 2005

> That could be any number of modules that aren't loaded or are FUBAR:
>
> Knowing what distro you're running would help.  Each uses a different
> variety of magic to get modules loaded/unloaded during events.
>
> ~Bas

After a reboot, all seems to be working... as though by magic.
On a related note...
I've got a USB hard disk currently formatted NTFS, which I'd like to convert
to FAT32.

I used cfdisk to change the format.
fdisk says it's formatted as fat32
[root at nymph ~] :-) fdisk -l /dev/sdb

Disk /dev/sdb: 160.0 GB, 160041885696 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 19457 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes

/dev/sdb1               1       19457   156288321    b  W95 FAT32

but the NTFS files are all still there, and it's still mounted as an NTFS
drive.
.oO(draco at nymph ~) mount
<snip>
/dev/sdb1 on /media/usb1 type ntfs (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,user=draco)

Unmount/remount doesn't update anything. And I did the reformat before the
reboot.

Any help with _that_?

Thanks, ;-)
-Logan