[wplug] OT - PSU question

Chris Romano romano.chris at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 00:56:25 EDT 2005

haa.  good idea if I wanted to see how fast it melts.  I really want
to do for a few reasons.  First: just to do it.  Second: Use it to
learn about setting up and admin'ing a cluster.  Third: see if I can
program something on that will take advantage of the cluster setup.

I have never been good at documenting projects that I do, so there is
almost no chance of a website detailing how I did it.

The idea did kind of come from the recent slashdot listing about the
guy who built a 12U (i think) rack; although, I have thinking about it
for a while.  The main difference is he basically built 3U servers.  I
am thinking of a more "blade" design.  Each blade will have the usual
(mobo,lan,ram,cpu).  I wanted the PSU to be more"built" into the main
chassis and mount the plugs on the back so when you insert the blade
it connects to the power and lan connectors.  I debating about the HD.
 I think I might ditch the HD for a flash drive.  I am at the very
early stages of planning here, if you couldn't tell.

Chris