[wplug] Telerama?

Drew from Zhrodague drew at zhrodague.net
Mon Jul 11 18:49:19 EDT 2005

> I do remember, however, that they didn't use Linux, then. They were using one
> of the BSDs. Admittedly, that was a long time ago, but given how religious
> some people are about their choice of OS, I'd be surprised if that changed.

 	They use Linux now, and dunno for how long. I did a video 'report'
myself about Telerama, which you can see at http://tv.seattlewireless.net,
as Doug takes us on a tour of Soba/Umi, and their wireless setup. They're
using Linux and some neat hacks to do their wireless POPs, which are quite
creative.

 	Pittsburgh OnLine was a BSDi shop. Ed would say, "It seems to work
okay." I've found that BSDs also seem to work okay, but with less hardware
support than your favorite Linux distro. Takes a while to get the thing in
the right shape, unless it's your particular distro.

--

Drew from Zhrodague
drew at zhrodague.net
http://www.WiFiMaps.com