[wplug] MySQL Mirror/Clustering

Shane Liesegang shane at techie.net
Mon Jul 11 16:23:44 EDT 2005

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005, George Gensure wrote:

> Just don't try to put any referential integrity, triggers, data types
> or functions into your application and you'll do fine.
>
> Making MySQL more reliable and fault-tolerant usually = switching to postgres.
>
> just my two cents.

Well, I'm open to that possibility if it really provides what I need in a
better fashion. I've looked around for a neutral comparison of the two
systems, but haven't really heard a compelling reason to use PostgreSQL
over MySQL. I'd hate to start a flame-fest, but what do people see as the
inherent strengths in both platforms?

	- SJML