[wplug] Laptops

Robert E. Coutch robert.coutch at verizon.net
Mon Jul 11 00:29:50 EDT 2005

I have a T23 I use for work.

In a few short weeks it will be mine as I get a replacement for work and they
are letting me keep the old one.

I can tell you everything works under Linux (Knoppix) as I have tested it on
this laptop a few times. (Wait - I never tried the modem but I think it's the
Lucent chipset)

This one has the SuperSavage IX/C video chipset and I just recently found that
DRI has a driver that MIGHT work for 3D video.

It also has a DVD / CD-R/W drive, 1GHz PIII mobile, 20 GB disk, 256MB SDRAM, a
14" 1400x1050 LCD display, modem, 100MHz ethernet, 2 USB 2.0 ports, 2 Cardbus
slots, S-video port, VGA port, parallel printer port, serial port, PS/2 and
I/R ports.  It's a full featured laptop.

It runs Win2000 for work but I also have a hard drive with SuSE 8.2 on it the
runs in this laptop.
I've used it for a couple of DJ jobs to play MP3's with very good results.

It's fairly rugged too.

-Bob