[wplug] Document Generation from source

Dan Nawrocki dnawrocki at prologic-inc.com
Mon Jan 31 11:16:16 EST 2005

Does anyone know of/use any programs that can generate documents (HTML,
PDF, TeX, etc.) from source code?  I've tried many of the "big
boys"--Doxygen & NaturalDocs--and several smaller projects, but haven't
found anything that fits right.  Some things I'm interested in:

1. No need for special tags (especially NOT JavaDoc!).  If I have:
// current number of foos
int numFoos;
Then the generated output for the "numFoos" var should include the
"current number of foos" descriptive text.

2. Support for multiple languages.  C/C++ and Java are most important to
me right now, but other may be later (IDL, PHP, Perl)

3. Multiple output formats, or at least an open backend so I can develop
my own easily.

Has anyone come across any projects that come close?  BTW, I'm not
subscribed to the list, so please cc: dnawrocki AT prologic-inc DOT com.

Thanks,
Dan Nawrocki