Wireless mesh networking (was [wplug] cheap DSL in Pittsburgh?)

Michael Skowvron michaels at penguincentral.org
Fri Jan 21 12:01:44 EST 2005

Drew from Zhrodague wrote:
> 	There are options, and where there aren't options, there are still
> options. I am appaled at how few people are interested in wirless
> networking here in this City, even as a analog-dialup replacement. Drives
> me nuts!

On a somewhat related topic, is there anyone in the Squirrel Hill area
that would be interested in experimenting with a wireless mesh
network? I have been interested in working with the MIT Roofnet
(http://www.pdos.lcs.mit.edu/roofnet/) software and am looking for
others to develop a small network.

I am currently reselling Internet service wirelessly to a very small
community of close neighbors, so I could provide a gateway. However,
I'm primarily interested in learning about mesh networking and
building a (relatively) high speed community network.

Michael