[wplug] cheap DSL in Pittsburgh?

Drew from Zhrodague drew at zhrodague.net
Fri Jan 21 10:30:48 EST 2005

> Two years ago when we tried to use Pulsenet, they couldn't tell the
> Internet from a fishing net.  That could be another reason they're not
> very big.
>
> But that was two years ago.  They may have straightened their act out
> since then, but I simply don't know.
>
> The only ISP I have any respect for is city-net.  They're not perfect,
> but at least they've never done anything bad enough to make me want
> to scream.  All others have.

	Perhaps. I got sick of trying to have them return my phone calls a
while back. Doug's a nice guy, no doubt, but they're pretty smalltime,
and they don't have a staff to fix problems when they arise. They didn't
have much throughput when a friend of mine had their DSL a year ago. He
cancelled 'cause they were too slow.

	Why do I comment on ISPs here in Pittsburgh? I used to work for
Pittsburgh OnLine and Stargate.  Their obvious shortcomings are now
public, and in the archives of newspapers.

	I do shed a tear for those of you living in areas wtihout
broadband. There is a way, and I am trying to help.

--

Drew from Zhrodague		http://www.WiFiMaps.com
drew at zhrodague.net		Location Based WiFi