[wplug] Slightly OT -- Nagios

Zachary Uram netrek at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 10:27:38 EST 2005

Hi Jason,

You hang out on freenode? Is it worth running on a laptop that isn't
connected 24x7? I use dialup modem for access. What do you think of
SNORT? I never setup a firewall before - any suggestions how I can get
started? I don't know how to write iptables/ipchains rule sets yet. I
use PPP with PAP. Right now my system has basically no security added
to it beyond Debian unstable/Linux default settings. I want to get 'up
to speed' on security.It's such a huge domain of knowledge I'm not
sure how to get started. I want my machine to be as secure as possible
using the FOSS tools available.

Zach