[wplug] Update the kernel?

eli eli.heady at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 20:53:47 EST 2005

FWIW, and I'm a relative n00b, so take this how you want, I just update
the kernel along with the other packages when it's available on the
mirrors I'm using (also using yum command line). The only odd effect
I've noticed is that the update rewrites my grub.conf in a different way
each time. It hasn't screwed anything up, just adds the new entry in a
different place every time.

It seems to me that if you are not compiling stuff yourself, and you're
not using non-standard rpm's, updating the kernel won't hurt - and if it
does, you should still have your old kernel config to boot to from grub.
(this is assuming you're using grub - I don't know how the kernel update
rpm's edit lilo's conf).

-eli