[wplug] MySQL Root Password Craziness with MediaWiki

Jason Jerome jjerome2 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 20 17:12:16 EST 2005

This might be totally off the mark, but have you checked if the root
user is losing their Host information?  This issue has caught me a few
times.

On my test system I don't have the restriction on Host.  When I look at
the user table (in the mysql db) there are 2 entries for the root user,
each one with a different host: one with 'localhost', and the other
with the '%' symbol.

In the past, I have created users without the correct Host information,
and ran into some problems logging in with that user.  I'm not a MySQL
guru, but maybe this will help.