[wplug] SGI INDY

Jonathan S Billings billings at negate.org
Thu Jan 20 14:41:47 EST 2005

Michael P. O Connor wrote:
> Does any one have any experince in setting up an SGI INDY, I am thinking
> of putting BSD on it, but i have one problem, I don't have a SGI
> monitor, nor floppy nor CD drive.  My question is, at the next
> installfest (March 12, 2005) can some one give me a hand with it, and if
> you could loan me during the install fest a SGI monitor, that would be
> great.

I've used an old Mac Plus with an Apple serial cable to use as a serial
console to an SGI Indy, since the Apple serial cable appears to be the
same kind of cable.  The Mac Plus is a lot lighter to carry around than
an SGI Display, plus it makes a happy beeping sound.

--
Jonathan S. Billings <billings at negate.org>