[wplug] SGI INDY

Michael Skowvron michaels at penguincentral.org
Thu Jan 20 14:25:30 EST 2005

Michael P. O Connor wrote:

> Well I am not sure on what this SGI needs, I can give you the Model No.
> (CMN B006Y75)

That's useless. You'll have to power up the system and get to the PROM
command monitor. The command 'hinv' will give you a system hardware
inventory.

Head over to http://www.nekochan.net/ and check out the SGI/IRIX Web
Destination links. There you'll find lots of sites to help you get the
system running. You should be able to find instructions on how to make
the special serial cable (mini-8) so you can use something like
minicom on linux to communicate with it.

You can probably even find out about net booting the system from
another unix box and avoid needing a CDROM drive.

Michael