[wplug] SGI INDY

Michael Skowvron michaels at penguincentral.org
Thu Jan 20 14:03:07 EST 2005

Michael P. O Connor wrote:

> Does any one have any experince in setting up an SGI INDY, I am thinking
> of putting BSD on it, but i have one problem, I don't have a SGI
> monitor, nor floppy nor CD drive.  My question is, at the next
> installfest (March 12, 2005) can some one give me a hand with it, and if
> you could loan me during the install fest a SGI monitor, that would be
> great.

The resident SGI guy (me) can help. I should be in town that weekend
and can provide the monitor and cd drive. I've never installed BSD or
Linux onto an SGI. [gawd I hate the thought of lugging a monitor around.]

Make sure that an install on the graphics console will actually work,
it's possible that graphics may not be supported and you will have to
do everything from a serial console.

Michael