[wplug] cheap DSL in Pittsburgh?

Brian A. Seklecki lavalamp at spiritual-machines.org
Thu Jan 20 11:28:34 EST 2005

> It seems they don't offer the servce directly. You have to choose one
> of their "Current Providers". So which is the best for South Hills
> area of Pittsburgh:

They're all local companies.  I can personally vouch for the reliability
of Steel City Telecom.  Based on wording "we", smk at fyi.net appears to
work for FYI, so you might want to check with them.  E-Xpedient
(Stargate) was always reliable with PennTelecom; perhaps the best
service offering.

When choosing a local ISP, you want to ask questions like:  1) How many
BGP peering points 2) What equipment vendors (Cisco? Juniper? Redback?)
3) Network redundancy and maturity? 4) Support availability (24/7/365?),
SLAs, etc. 5) Tertiary Services (SMTP, NNTP, etc.)

~lava