[wplug] cheap DSL in Pittsburgh?

Brian A. Seklecki lavalamp at spiritual-machines.org
Thu Jan 20 10:55:20 EST 2005

> They don't support linux, but once you've got it installed it doesn't
> matter. I had to, many years ago, borrow the group laptop with windows on
> it to setup my dsl.

That's bloated flash-looking setup software that comes on the
Verizon.net CD isn't doing anything magical.  I think it's probably just
just RARP/TFTP booting the Westel 2100/2200, finding a local RFC1918
space that's free, enabling DHCP + NAT/PAT and configuring the PVCs for
PPPoE mode instead of Bridged (which is not what you want).

A simple tcpdump(8) would reveal a great lot.  I'm sure someone's got a
web page already setup on how to do it.

~Bri